Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

It's a "Love Story" but we're having problems with out first dance song....help!!!!

Ok, so the song "Love Story" by Taylor Swift is our song. It describes our relationship to a T. But, this song in pretty hard to slow dance to, and we're not the kind of people to want to do a non-traditional more up beat dance.
So, does anyone have any suggestions? We've found a slowed down version of the song on You Tube, but we think it sounds kind of strange.
Do you know of any similar songs, or have any ideas? THANKS!Smile

Re: It's a "Love Story" but we're having problems with out first dance song....help!!!!

• MissMindy12MissMindy12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only thing I know of because I love them and are using them for our ceremony prelude music is Vitamin String Quartet but I don't know that they have done or will do a Taylor Swift one but you could search it at least. They have taken bands and redone their songs in strings. Such as Smells like Teen Spirit by Nirvana just for an example. Hope you can find something were going with At Last b Etta James been my fav. song.
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We've thinking about "Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman," by Bryan Adams for our first dance.
  • nstraversenstraverse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our song when we first started dating was "home" by Michael Buble. However, since that is not a good song for our first song as it is talking about a man over sees at war, we actually chose "everything" by Michael Buble. it isn't quite as popular but that makes it kind of nice as well since we will then really remember it when it comes on the radio or where ever.

Another that i am actually walking down the isle to him with is Rascal Flatts "Bless the Broken Road" which would be another great first song as it states "God bless the broken road that lead me straight to you".

Good luck!
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    This is another (instramental version) of Love Story. i dont know if its any slower but it might be.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkQqXO_OFYY

Another option is:
    Sara Evans - No Place that Far
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F9LCu5PJU4

• edited December 2011
    I know this might not help you with picking your first dance song. But I'm using an instrumental version of Love Story in my ceremony. It's called Love Story Meets Love Story by Jon Schmidt. He has a lot of great music, his website is :
    www.jonschmidt.com. You can also find his music on www.amazon.com. This way you could still have the song as a special part of your day. Of course you could always still play the original song during the reception.
  • pnutkittenpnutkitten member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you go to iTunes, The Piano Tribute Conservatory has a piano version of Love Story that my FI and I were thinking of using. It might be worth taking a look at.
    The Happy Couple <3 <br/>
    Photobucket

"All began with love; all seeks to return to love. Love is the law, the teacher of wisdom, and the great revealer of mysteries." -Faery teaching

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards