Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Venue Booked: Golf Club @ Fossil Creek

We just booked the Golf Club at Fossil Creek for our ceremony and reception. We're working with a super tight budget of $5000 and they can the do the ceremony and reception with a full meal for $3800. Has anyone ever used them or been to a wedding there?

Re: Venue Booked: Golf Club @ Fossil Creek

• Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Knottie Mandaroo used them and had a good experience.

Congrats on the check!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! Sorry no experience.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats awesome! One of the biggest checks off your list! Im curious how many for that amazing price?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_venue-booked-golf-club-fossil-creek?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:613c1498-7e28-4b34-b742-52cedb1940efPost:4e28d780-95fe-4ca4-871c-135914fe6d1e">Re: Venue Booked: Golf Club @ Fossil Creek</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thats awesome! One of the biggest checks off your list! Im curious how many for that amazing price?
    Posted by ftbaby1982[/QUOTE]

Ditto!  That's a great deal!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    elidellioelidellio member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm interested to hear the number, too. That's an amazing price -- I'm definitely going to check them out right now!!
    March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have 100 people total: 90 adults and 10 kids. We're doing it on a Thursday, so that helps with the price, but they're very very reasonable for Fri/Sat/Sun as well.
  • Options
    ejheartejheart member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a reception there several months ago. It was a gorgeous location and everything was great! I think my only complaint would have been that they definitely packed the tables in, which made it feel a little cramped, and which also made for a smaller dance floor (but there may have been a lot more guests than at yours).

As far as food, we just had little finger foods but everything was good as far as I can remember. One other thing I would suggest would be to make sure they are prepared on the amount of beverages that you'll need. This wedding was in the afternoon so there was tea, water, and soda available but when we first got there we had to wait foreverrrr for them to brew more tea (because they ran out). As a guest, it wasn't a big deal, but if I had been the bride I think I would have been a bit annoyed. :)

Congrats! 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards