March 2013 Weddings

New Member - Odd "Man" Out

Hello. We recently (8/8/12) got engaged, and set our date (3/9/13). We are in a LDR since the military is invovled, but we are both getting excited. We will be getting married on base, but my fiancee is living in Michigan, so much of the planning is left in my hands. (hence "man" out .... you got it, I am the groom).

We have made quite some headway:

Ceremony Site - ...CHECK...
Reception Site - Check
Photogrpaher - ...CHECK...
Florist - ...CHECK...
Baker - Check
Caterer - Waiting to hear back from the Chef

Since this is a destination wedding, we have decided to book a hotel for the guests (same place as the reception). Also, my fiancee has ordered her dress, and veil. We should be sending out the STD/Engagement Announcements this week or next.

Re: New Member - Odd "Man" Out

• WOW! We are so lucky to have a guy on our board! Welcome and congrats on your engagement! Look at you, making all of that progress.

So, tell us about yourself! How did you propose?
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#1 4/9/12- EDD 12/22/12- M/MC at 9w4d 5/23/12.
    BFP#2 12/18/12- EDD 8/31/13 First U/S- 6w4d HB 124! Second U/S- 10w2d HB 178!! Grow baby, grow! NT Scan Scheduled for 2/20/13.
  • She came down for my block leave, when I got back from Afghanistan (a month ago). And I took her out to one of my favorite restaurants here in El Paso, and after the dessert, I asked her. I will admit it was not a suprise (only the timing and location), since we had been talking about it while I was deployed, and she had the made ring (it was custom made how she wanted it, with my input).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_new-member-odd-man-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:60eb7c62-5cad-4d61-8124-2f60bc9ce71cPost:f3a4b652-b980-4789-9dd6-2d8b745d0fe5">New Member - Odd "Man" Out</a>:
    [QUOTE](hence "man" out .... you got it, I am the groom). 
    Posted by militantfly[/QUOTE]

<div>Welcome & Congrats!  You have already got a lot accomplished!  My fiance has poked his head around these boards and other sites and feels like it's 99% women & feels a little out of place.  But, he's very involved and we're making the decisions together, which I LOVE.  So, kudos to you!</div>
  • I have been having a good time with the planning. It only makes sense for me to do it, since I am local to where we are having the wedding. BUT, of course, the Army has to throw curveballs at us. I go to school from January-March get 1 week off then go to the next Phase, that is why we are chosing the day we did (plus it is my best man/brother's birthday). They do need to add a Knot Grooms board or something.
  • Welcome and congrats! Nice to have a groom's view on things, feel free to join in wherever!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Congrats and welcome!! and THANK YOU for your military service :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • what a unique ring and a guy on our board!? whoa. haha. good luck with planning. :)
  • Hello Sir!  Congrads and good luck on the planning aspect. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nice to meet you, militantfly!!

Julie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Congratulations!!! I'm a March 9 wedding, too!
    September Siggy Challenge March 2013 Board Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Things have been progressing rapidly. We found our florist (my fiancee was able to join us via speakerphone), and I booked the chapel.

We got the Chapel I really wanted, the main post chapel for Fort Bliss. It has a southern mission style to it, and is really great.

The big thing that is still up in the air is the caterer. The Matron of Honor, myself and my mom will be scoping out a few restaurants in the near future. I will be out of commission in early October for a few weeks, so that will delay us a little.
  • From the OP, what other items might I be forgetting?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards