March 2013 Weddings

Just Popping in to say

HI!

How are y'all on your planning? Do you have anything big left to book?

I'm signing the contract with the DJ this week, then I need to find a photographer. My STDs go out on the 1st or 2nd, too.  I'm kind of getting excited.

Re: Just Popping in to say

• Hello! The biggest thing I need to book still is an officiant. We haven't decided what we want to do about that yet. We also *might* look at a ceremony site (planning on just having it at the reception venue but might change our minds). Other than that all the big stuff is booked!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • nothing big except the honeymoon lol.
  • I haven't booked a thing yet!  My shindig is small, though, at about 30 people.  The vendors I've talked to aren't rushing me, either.  One place we were considering as a venue even told me they don't take reservations this far ahead.  I thought that was kind of strange, but oh well!  The hubby and I are determined to find the venue this week.

Julie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • I think we only have the transportation vendor left to book, and we're going to wait until the fall for that. Other things on our to-do list are honeymoon plans and rehearsal dinner (we're taking care of all wedding costs so FI's family won't be doing this). Our save the dates went out about 2 weeks ago and we've heard really great things from our guests about them so that was really exciting :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I picked up my dress on Saturday! Bought my veil and ordered my shoes!
    There's nothing big left to book, whew.
    I have my floral appointment the end of September and then meeting with cake designer in October.
    I'm determined to have everything in order before the holiday season starts!!

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • We are still researching officiant but pretty much everything else is booked. Save the dates are in the mail as of yesterday! 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Oh yeah, that's the other big thing.. the honeymoon. We're really stuck on what to do. I know where I want to go but I'm just not sure if we'll have the money. I'm crossing my fingers I'll be going full time at my job soon and that my FI gets a new job, because if that happens I'm not as worried about the money. So we're stalling a bit on making any decisions about the honeymoon since we obviously don't want to book something we can't pay for!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • I guess I have a lot left to do! DJ, cake, being the two biggest I think! We are going to look at bridesmaid dresses the end of August and hoping to find the flower girl dress by then too!
    siggyaugust Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have everything big planned.  It is now all the loose ends we have to tie up.
    Hubbie and I have to paint our favors (only 20-30 left)
    We have to send out our Save the Dates (maybe Sept 1st)
    We have to make the invitations.
    We have to meet with the hall for our food, the florist for our designs, the photographer for our "couples" session.  And thata about it.  everything else appears to be done. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was stressing on decorations for the church today, but then I remembered that the wedding is in the middle of Lent, so I'm not decorating with anything.  The sanctuary is so pretty anyway.

Now I have more money to either save, or spend on the HM!
  • I'm jealous of all you who need a DJ!  There aren't enough dancers in my family to bother, but hubby and I love to dance.  I suppose I'm not alone, though.  Most weddings in my area don't hire a DJ or have dancing.

Julie
  • My group dances...hence the DJ, otherwise, iPod girl here.

I am pretty stoked because the DJ has some music from a New Orleans band that I used to dance to/attend concerts for in my youth.  Zebra. I love Zebra.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_just-popping-in-to-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:903fb06b-d705-41ad-9584-b750becc85a8Post:8aa19be5-80b0-4600-941d-b838d988eeb5">Re:Just Popping in to say</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Just Popping in to say: Julie, I'm jealous of you! I'm super self conscious and clumsy, and hate dancing, and don't plan on dancing at our wedding. I'm not even sure the dance floor will get used at all, because my friends and family don't get together very often and will probably just spend the night chatting and catching up. But I feel like it's something I'm 'supposed' to have, and if there's a possibilty it'll keep people having a good time longer than it would without then I guess it's worth the investment. But me personally, I'd be cool with just an iPod!
    Posted by Sleeper2013[/QUOTE]

Sleeper, I imagine we'll do an iPod for some background music and maybe something nice for when I walk into the room to meet my husband on the other side of it. You know, it's probably good that my group doesn't have a DJ and dance floor -- my husband would whip out his John Travolta moves and have me, the kids, and a couple of other friends and relative LOLing while the rest would look at him like he'd lost his darned Hillbilly mind!!! Yep, the hubs is a legend in his own mind!!! Gotta love him. :) 

Julie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards