Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Prices??

What is a reasonable price for a photographer and for a videographer?  I am on a budget and do not want to spend too much, but still want some quality.. I just want to know what is a reasonable price so when I start talking to different people I know if it's high or low!  Thanks!!

Re: Prices??

• cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It all depends on your area. Plus how long you will have the photog and what they will be doing for you. They can be anywhere from $1,000-$6,000.

Videographers are exactly the same, it all depends. I'd say the average can be anywhere from $800-$4,000.

I would post this on your local board and ask the girls in your area about how much they are paying for their photog and video.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I  would suggest if you wanted to go all out on video to plan like $3,500, or go lower end for like $1,500.00.  We are currently considering E & A Imageworks, they seem to have a good HD Video package, and from the samples seemed better than most places. Since we are also on a budget, we are trying not spend too much on the video. We are using them for an engagement session as the price is great, but we went with a family recommended photographer who is awesome. 

• blue1981blue1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that it is heavily dependent on area and I am going to go out on a limb to say Northern CA is probably not the cheapest area...
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Jenny Trent Photography and Videography is offering a $500 off sale right now when you purchase both. 

For $1800 you can receive the following
    Engagement Session
    10 hours of coverage
    12x12 Leather Album 
    200 Processed Photos
    1 - 16x20 Print
    4 - 11x14 Prints
    10 - 8x10 Prints
    200 4x6 Prints
  • SayMHSayMH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You might consider coming up with a photography budget, sticking to that, and trying to negotiate with professional photographers. Don't get intimidated by the package prices that some photographers post online: many of them are willing to negotiate (especially in this economic climate). But definitely spend the money on a professional photographer. Some family and friends took pretty mediocre photographs at my wedding, and I'm really glad we hired a professional with a good eye for composition, lighting, and processing resources and skills so that the final photos look great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards