Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Pictures beforehand...

DH and I were married this past Friday. He agreed to do photos beforehand, even though he wasn't sure he'd like it(seeing me before the ceremony). Well, let me tell you, the reveal was sooo amazing. When he walked out(before I showed up), everyone whistled at him and said how handsome he was(really couldn't do that during the ceremony). It was a great moment for him that he shared with me this morning.  When I stood on the bank, waiting for him to turn around(he was lower, on the rocks), the anticipation was killing both of us. The look on his face was priceless and precious and amazing when he turned around.We were able to talk to each other, talking about how awesome the day was, so on and so forth. . .really, it helped us both relax. We had two hours of photos(mostly candid, but many were also staged). It was soo relaxing and we weren't rushed at all.Those who are contemplating doing photos beforehand, just think of our experience. Walking down the aisle was still an amazing experience within itself. We hadn't seen each other for a half an hour, and he still had that blissful look on his face, and he said that smile on my face was the best he had ever seen.I know it is a personal decision, and even my photographer hadn't had many couples do this. She said she is going to recommend it more, based on our experience. She did an amazing job, setting up our reveal.We are just one example of someone not so sure about what the experience would be like(and didn't want to be disappointed with seeing each other before the ceremony). Well, we both wouldn't change it for the world!Good luck with your decisions.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Pictures beforehand...

• alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we did this as well and it was amazing!  i loves the way we arranged it, and the pictures came out beautifully.  totally worth it.
  • edited December 2011
    My FI and are are planning on seeing each other as well. My only concern is that we will be with each other for almost 2 hours by the time we do us, wedding party and family pictures. I'm not really liking the idea of that...any suggestions?
  • edited December 2011
    mallorymoe- that sounds like alot of portraits!  if you dont want to do that many, posing for 2 hours, then just dont, say, ok, we have 1 hour (or whatever) for group portraits, and stick to it.  use the rest of the time for your photographer just to capture moments as they happen while you get ready for the ceremony and do whatever you will be doing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards