Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

WWYD-not happy with epics

Fi & got our our engagement photos back and they are awful. We are squinting in a lot of the photos and I'm in the light and he isn't in all of the ones of us looking at the camera and the rest are creative but sort of just blah like I could have taken them with my cheapo camera.  I am so disappointed because the photographers had rave reviews on here and good prices and I love that there was a girl & guy photog etc  I'm really afraid our wedding photos could be ruined also but I don't know what to do and even if I could get my deposit back. This is my second wedding and FI's first and the photographer I had for my first wedding was so much better and she is still in business. Question: Would it be totally tacky to use the same photographer that I did for my first wedding if she is still available for my date? The only reason I didn't was because I felt it would be tacky and weird and also she's more expensive and I'm not spending the same this time on everything. FI wants to switch but I'm a bit weird my relatives will know etc WWYD??

Re: WWYD-not happy with epics

• Angie.LapkovAngie.Lapkov member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who cares? You got crappy photos, why would you trust them to do your wedding? I would say run and find someone else. I'm sure you original photographer would be honored to do your pictures.
    Good luck.
  • AnnaScarlettAnnaScarlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it would be tacky to get your other photographer.

Have you contacted this photographer and told them you were dissapointed?  Ask for a reshoot. 

I really doubt you are going to get your deposit back regardless of what you do.
  • morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You need to contact the photographer immediately and let him/her know that you are not happy with the photos.

They may do the shoot over again with you.
    If you don't want them to be your wedding photographer - politely tell them that you were very disappointed in their work and that you would like your deposit back.

Hopefully they will do that as I am sure that they would rather give a deposit back and not have bad reviews put out on the internet naming their business.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards