Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Wedding Photobook Album Reviews & Advice Needed

Hello!

I am ready to make my own photobook album with the pictures from our photographer but need some advice on different companies. I have spent a lot of time searching on the internet and read different reviews - but I haven't found many up-to-date reviews from brides and so I'd like any advice that you can give me!!

I have narrowed my search down to the following companies: Iphoto, Adoramapix,, myphotobook, and mypublisher. I don't mind spending the time to create the album (I actually think I would really enjoy it!) and I want the end result to look really professional. I think I'd like the layflat pages that are offered by Adoramapix and mypublisher....as I like the idea of having some pictures spread across two pages....but I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Have you made a photobook? What was your experience?

Thanks,
J

Re: Wedding Photobook Album Reviews & Advice Needed

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made an album using somersetalbums.com and I loved how it turned out.  I have a review and pics in my married bio. 
    http://110709wedding.weebly.com/diy-album.html

I had alot of fun making it.  I don't have any experience with any of those companies however.

I also made a photobook through Blurb for my mom and it turned out nice also, but was not professional quality like the album I made.
  • edited December 2011
    I would advise Adoramapix (I did a honeymoon album there, and I'm using them for my wedding album) over MyPublisher - I find the MyPublisher software a lot more frustrating, and it has fewer options. The Adoramapix books are printed on real photopaper (nice thick pages) and are just generally a huge quality leap above MyPublisher.

I'm not familiar with the other companies you listed, but if you haven't researched it already you might want to check out Picaboo. I was considering their "Madison" book for our wedding album. I've done several other books with them - the lay flat pages are really nice. The reason I chose Adoramapix is that they don't have a "gutter" between the pages and I wanted several double page spreads that had people's faces right in the middle of the photo.

Good luck!
  • Just in case anyone considers Photobook America... DON'T!  Terrible quality.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards