Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Photos!!

Is there any brides or future brides thinking about not having a professional photographer for their wedding?

Re: Photos!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Many brides who are on a tight budget don't have a professional photographer at their wedding.  I would still suggest having someone with more experience than your uncle bob take the shots though.  Check out craigslist and look for someone who is fairly cheap who will give you the digital negatives on CD or DVD so you can print them up on your own. 

If you can't afford that, get a friend who has a digital SLR camera to take some shots.  I will be posting some tips for people on my blog soon for people who will be helping friends out who aren't professional photographers.  You can check it out here: http://fuccisomethingblue.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will share my experience with you.  I was married 28.5 years ago and my husband and I wanted to cut costs, so we had his brother and his brother's girlfriend take our photos.

Big mistake!!  It was a winter wedding, at night with only candlelight in the Church.  They showed up without a flash.  There are no photos of my Dad walking me down the aisle.

There are only about 3 photos of my husband and I after the ceremony and 1 of those is so dark that you can't see our faces.

We weren't posed, dress wasn't fixed, etc.  In short, it was 2 amateurs with a 35mm camera.  It is the biggest regret of our wedding.

Last year my daughter got married - my husband and I insisted on a top notch photographer.  We are so happy with the photos from her wedding!

I would never advise anyone to skip a professional photographer. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards