Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Poor Wedding Photography in CT

My husband and I got married this past July and we hired Hawk Photography to photograph our wedding.  I fell in love with Hawk's work at a Bridal Show and was so excited to have him photograph our wedding.  Leading up to the wedding, we were under the impression that Hawk was going to photograph our wedding, that we would receive a proof of all photos taken, and that we would receive a High-Resolution CD of all the photos taken.  About two weeks before the wedding, we were informed that his associate would be photographing our wedding.  I voiced my concerns and told him that I wanted him to shoot my wedding.  Hawk reassured me that his associate was great and that I would love him.

He was right, we did like his associate, just not his pictures.  First off, we only received approximately three quarters of the photos that were shot.  Also, the things that one would think a professional photographer would notice and fix, he didn't.  For example, in all of the posed shots of my husband and me in the Church after the wedding, my bra strap was showing.  There was only one picture of my husband and me with his parents and my mother-in-law's eyes were closed, but several of us with my parents.  People's heads were blocked in group photos.  And we did not receive the high-resolution CD with the prints.

When we finally met with Hawk, we voiced our opinion and he showed little remorse.  He did not really want to work with us.  He told us that my bra strap could be removed, but it would cost an extra $10 on top of what the reprint would cost.  Why would I pay to fix something that I didn't do wrong?!?!?!  Then, he told me that we would receive the high-resolution CD after all orders were made. 

We were very disappointed with the pictures and service that we received with Hawk Photography.  All of the things that were promised to us, did not come to pass.  We had several amatuer photographers that took better pictures than Hawk's associate that we chose to enlarge instead of the "professional" one.  If given a choice after knowing what I know now, I would not have picked Hawk Photography to shoot my wedding.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards