Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Super Bummed but Optimistic..

Hello ladies!

I dont know if any of you have or is going through having your heart set on a photographer and later find out that they raised their prices so high its out of the budget?! I was upset when I found this out today by the photographer I was gonna give my deposit too. I heard about them raising prices each year but more then once within a few months?! 

Only good thing is I have found another one I really like! I just am keeping my fingers crossed that I can get the deposit together before she does the same... :(
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Super Bummed but Optimistic..

• edited December 2011
    what is your wedding date?

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_super-bummed-but-optimistic?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:4970d47b-b297-4351-a22f-18835873ba91Post:0c6fe0f2-ca4b-40ea-88a6-b410fc723a2e">Re: Super Bummed but Optimistic..</a>:
    [QUOTE]what is your wedding date?
    Posted by KarenArnoldMaine[/QUOTE]

<div>May 11, 2012 :)</div>
  • edited December 2011
    There's no harm in asking your photographer to give you the lower rate.  You can tell him/her that you had been researching and liked his work, but his latest increase puts him out of your budget.  He may give you the lower rates, or custom make a package for you.

PS...I've known two photographers that have raised their prices several times within a few months.  They both did it because they were so busy that they wanted to trim down the amount of inquiries/business.  Could be this photographer's reason, as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_super-bummed-but-optimistic?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:4970d47b-b297-4351-a22f-18835873ba91Post:a1f95141-d6d1-4b6c-ba67-6b888ae58328">Re: Super Bummed but Optimistic..</a>:
    [QUOTE]There's no harm in asking your photographer to give you the lower rate.  You can tell him/her that you had been researching and liked his work, but his latest increase puts him out of your budget.  He may give you the lower rates, or custom make a package for you. PS...I've known two photographers that have raised their prices several times within a few months.  They both did it because they were so busy that they wanted to trim down the amount of inquiries/business.  Could be this photographer's reason, as well.
    Posted by raspberrytart[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thank you! I didn't think of just asking anyway, i was just in shock and didn't expect that. But I have another I am excited about as well! :) thanks again!

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards