Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Budget wedding

Hi,

My name is Anita. I am looking for wedding venues in Dallas, TX for my upcoming wedding on April 12,2014. We are on a very tight budget of $4000 for the entire wedding. I am planning to have 100 guests, but I may have to reduce my number to accommodate my budget. If you have any other suggestions please don't hesitate to comment

Re: Budget wedding

• FB and venue are the biggest costs so the smaller you can make your guest list the better. Consider an afternoon wedding with cake and light apps.
  • You might also consider getting married on a Sunday, as Sunday afternoon weddings are typically less expensive than Saturdays.
    Anniversary

• I would really consider cutting the guest list down or if you are set on 100 then like the other girls said save money by moving to a saunday or havind an afternoon wedding on saturday. The less people you have the lower the F&B cost is and you can get into a smaller venue.

Do you know what you have in mind as far as where you want to have it? Inside/outside? Have you looked at any venues? We are using CRO catering and they are priced really well!

If you are serving alcohol I would suggest a venue that allows you to bring your own, that will save a ton, then you can just hire a bartender.

• yOU CAN MAKE IT WORK! mY WEDDING WAS 6000.00 FOR THE WHOLE WEDDING. tHE VENUE I USED IS hEARD CRAIG HALL IN MCKINNEY. It is nice I had 100.00 guest 115 counting my wedding party. An they allow out side catering. See there website:
    http://heardcraig.org/rental-venues Venue at that time Nov 10th 2012 was 1500.00

• Check out Winfrey Point on White Rock Lake. They are at a very reasonable price allowing you to bring outside food and alcohol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Don't listen to redelvelope about family memebers cooking. That can be extremely stressful on them, and there's a good chance someone could develop food poisoning due to the large effort of coordinating so much food.

Other than that, the ladies have given great advice. I think ultimately, if you had a Sunday wedding around 2pm, you could get the most for your money. You could just do cake and punch, and still keep your guest list around 100.

If you get further along in the process and have any more questions, just let us know!
  • @KnotPorsha, please deal with this spammer.  =(
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards