Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Friend for videographer?

We are trying to think of ways to save money. What do you think of just having a friend film the ceremony and a few parts of the reception?

Re: Friend for videographer?

• Options
    wcardonewcardone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on what you are looking for in videogrpahy. If your friend is skilled you may get really great home movies.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was asked to shoot a familiy member's wedding just because I had taken a video course in high school. I want to go to the wedding as a guest. Not as part of the hired help for the day. I turned her down and it has caused a few problems,but a guest should get to be a guest. If something went wrong when I shot, that would have been an issue between us our entire lives that I never could fix. Instead of participating in fun moments, the videographer has to shoot them. It is the same to me as if she had asked me to serve the food so they did not need to hire as much waitstaff. When all is said and done, 2 things remain from our day. The photos and video.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that it's fine as long as they're ok with it.  My sister used our cousin for the ceremony and parts of the reception.  It was the best video ever!!  He is a naturally funny guy, and as the processional was taking place, he narrated a little.  For the reception, he went around and asked different people for advice for the couple.  Then for the rest of the night, it was sort of passed around to different people.  It was Great!!  But it's about what you're looking for in a wedding video.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards