Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

SW Florida Photographer - the biggest regret of our wedding!

To anyone who is planning to get married in SW Florida, do not use Frank Simonetti for your wedding photographer. Our wedding coordinator insisted we use him saying "he's fabulous!" 2 weeks before the wedding, his wife - who was to film the video & help the bride (me) called saying she had "something come up" and would it be ok if she wasn't there since it was a small wedding. Being so close to the wedding date, we couldn't get another photographer & were stuck. By the day of the wedding, we tried to make the best of it. Anytime we wanted a photo after the ceremony & dinner, someone would have to go find the photographer; he was usually in the lounge watching tv! We received our proofs & video within days after the wedding. When we returned home, things became insane! Before we could order our photos (already paid for in full) our house sold faster than we expected so we had to quickly find a place to live & move. Then my father in law became very ill & died. Within months, both of my parents had heart issues; then we lost our child...needless to say, looking at wedding pictures was the last thing on our minds. It was several years before we were ready to order. When I contacted Frank, he said he had thrown out the negatives. At no time did he tell   us we had a deadline, even though he knew the reasons why we weren't ordering, even though he had my phone number, my parents number & my husbands number - he never made any attempt to contact us. We had $1,050 in undelivered albums & photos due to us; he told me to take the proofs & have them scanned. He went on to say if we paid him more money he would do the scanning for us. While Frank admitted he never delivered what he was contracted and paid for, he told me that unless we paid more money to him for the scanning, he wasn't interested in talking to us. Since Frank advertised himself as a member of the American Society of Media Photographers, I contacted their executive director, I was told Frank Simonetti had not been a member since 2005 & they would take action with hime  regarding using their name in his advertising (I followed up with them and they did take action.) I  admit our circumstances were unusual - hopefully no one reading  this will have to go through the same experiences. And we fully admit we didn't order soon. However, from a business standpoint, either deliver the product that is paid for or refund the money. There are a number of excellent photographers in that area - do yourself a favor & use someone other than Frank Simonetti Photography.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards