Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

What is a must in your photo package?

I'm starting to interview different photographers and I would like some advice since each photographer offers something different...

What do you recommend a photographers package SHOULD include or you will be disappointed (or regret) after the wedding? 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What is a must in your photo package?

• morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All we wanted was the digital rights.
  • PeacefieldPeacefield member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think there's a standard right thing to want to have, it's all based on what you value and your budget.  One thing that I hear so many on this forum talking about is passing up on photographic albums in favor of printed coffee table books.  While those are nice, they don't compare to the beauty and quality of a photographic album.  And I think that distinction will only grow over time. 

The only thing you do want to gain access to is the rights to your digital images.  Otherwise, think hard about a quality photographic album.  I think you'll be glad you did many years from now long after that extra amount has been paid.
  • jennifer0124jennifer0124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that the rights to the photos was what was most important to us.  I would also ask about their photography style and figure out what it is that you are looking for.  You can see more about the different styles here: http://www.herecomestheguide.com/wedding-party-ideas/detail/photography-style-glossary/
  • edited December 2011
    We are having a really small wedding, so the most important thing to me is having the CD and rights to reprint. We are also having a destination wedding, so I don't want to have to pick out proofs and such. Just pictures of the ceremony and staged wedding pictures.
  • edited December 2011
    I wanted the printing rights as well. And enough hours to give us plenty of time for bridal party and bride and groom pix. But I asked for a lot to see what I could get. I asked for an hour more than I thought I needed (I ended up needing it), 2 photographers, the printing rights, engagement, and bridal shoots. And I have 3 photographers who can give me almost everything for my budget. So I would say start high. You can always negotiate down. See what you can get for your budget.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted the DVD of and rights to my images, 8 hours, and a second shooter.
  • kelle017kelle017 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The rights like everyone else said, adequete coverage (we ended up with all day), and I didn't think I wanted or needed a second photographer, but we are going to go with that.  That way we can have someone to focus more on the big shots, and the second shooter can get the more candid shots.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    #1 on my list the rights to the images for printing
    #2 on the list album
    #3 online slideshow
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards