Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Engagement Photos

My friend is having her engagement photos taken today.  Is this something everyone does or is it an option within your package once you pick a photog?

I know its probably a dumb question, but theres so many things I dont know about planning a wedding!

Thanks!!

Re: Engagement Photos

• twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Many photographers now do offer an e-session as part of your package. It gives you and your FI a chance to work with the photog. and get to know one another a bit prior to the wedding.

However, e-sessions certainly aren't a requirement. It is something you'll want to discuss with your photographer.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I definetly don't think its a requirement. If you are interested in it ask your photographer about it when you are interviewing with them. Ours offered it as part of the package. Were not exactly doing it for our "engagement". Were actually going to do ours about May 2011 (a year after proposal) because we want to do it in front of NYC skyline because FI is going into NYPD in Jan. We are more doing it because of the meaning of them but we will probably use them at the wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    Our photographer offered engagement and bridal session as an option.  I opted for the engagement session (e-session). Our session was done 3-6 months before the wedding date. It gave the photographer time in designing the signature (ie, gues) book.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards