Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

photo guest book

i think that someone else either in this community or my local one posted something about having polaroid photos taken of their guests and then pasting them into a guest book for the guests to sign... an idea i had been pondering... but i haven't seen anything about the quality of the images.

i know that "instant" photos from polaroid, fujifilm, etc. cameras aren't always as good quality as even regular film or digital prints, but my concern is mainly with whether or not instant photos fade too much over time. has anyone had any encounters with this or know of any newer model instant cameras that have better-staying film? or ways to preserve instant photos? there's gotta be some better stuff out there than the old polaroid photos of yesteryears LOL...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic March Siggy Challenge Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: photo guest book

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about getting a photo booth?  A lot of people get that and have people scrapbook when they get out with the bride and groom's copy of the picture and write something next to it, which acts as the guest book. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    polaroids are fun, but get pricey.  like the pp, photo booths are popular, but also expensive.  with splurging on our photographer, i didn't want a photo booth too.  i would rather have great pro photos.  

i am considering making a photo guest book using our engagement pictures so that our guests have something fun to look through.  we'll have plenty of pics of friends/family the day of the wedding.
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Polaroids won't have longevity - so if you want something that will last...
    I recommend a good paper with a UV coating.

Polaroids fade and color distorts over time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards