Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

What to do when photographer fails

Does anyone have advice on how to approach the photographer who failed to take certain pictures and in general did not give us quality edited pictures?

Re: What to do when photographer fails

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry you are experiencing this :( Prior to your wedding did you discuss with your photographer specific shots you wanted? We reviewed our photographer's portfolio making notes of shots we saw of his previous work that we loved, as well as gathered a list of our own "must take" shots.

As far as editing - were you anticipating special effects being applied to your shots like black/white, sepia, ect?? Did it state in your contract anything specific about the editing you "should have" received??

Have you posted on your local board to see if other knotties may have utilized this photographer, and if anyone had a similar situation and what the outcome was??

I guess the only thing I would do is call your photographer and try to arrange a face to face meeting with him to address your situation. It's so unfortunate because you cannot get a redo of your wedding day. Best of luck!
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    While you can't get a redo of your wedding day, sometimes you can get a redo of some shots.  Is it just that overall you didn't like the quality?  or that shots like cake cutting, or bouquet toss are missing?  If it's that it is not enough shots of you and your now husband, and they are really poor, either ask them to do a comped bridal session of just the two of you, or just get a new photographer to do the shots.  Hopefully you still have your dress and have your husband rent the same tux.  Try to put a positive spin on it about how much fun it would be to get back into your incredible dress so that it gets a 2nd day of life ;) Many people actually intentionally do this type of bridal session after since the big day doesn't provide much time for tons of artistic shots.  

Unfortunately if it was shots of friends and family who aren't close by, then you are kinda outta luck.  Don't let the sour experience with the photographer sour your memories of your big day.  Also, if you got a video done, you might be able to pull some stills from the video.

Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards