Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Thoughts on a PhotoBooth?

we are considering having a photo booth at our wedding.
They print out images for the guests, have an attendent, set up , tear down. and give you 3 hours of service. Plus a digital copy of all the images as well as a way to order additional copies for your guests of a single image.

If we go with this idea - it would also serve as our Wedding Thankyou or Favor to our guests.. What do you think?

If you were a guest at a wedding - would you find pictures of yourself and other guests and friends an acceptable thank you and wedding favor?

Re: Thoughts on a PhotoBooth?

• edited December 2011
    I think it's a cute idea for favors but it might be a waste of money. Everyone always brings their own cameras to weddings and everything is digital. Most of the time people don't even print their pictures and they just put them up on facebook, myspace, etc. and that is all they need.

If it's expensive to do then it's probably a waste of money (unless you are inviting a ton of guests and the amount of other favos will be just as much). Plus, how many people will really use it...

Good luck though! I just got married in June and although it could get stressful at times, it was SO much fun planning it. Enjoy it while it lasts and soak everything in cause it will be over before you know it :)

Cara
    DuBaldo Photography
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's a great favor.  Also, favors are something not required, so don't stress too much about how to thank your guests- that's what the reception is for.
  • edited December 2011
    We did this for ours and it was such a hit.  Everyone had so much fun and I think it's a great favor!  I don't think anyone will miss a bag of candied almonds when they've got a fun photo strip to to take home.
  • edited December 2011
    I think its a great idea! As a matter of fact, we have booked a photobooth for our wedding (facetimephotobooth.com). It works both as a favor and entertainment for our guests! !

-MarianneSmile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards