Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Video by a friend or student?

Hello
Wondering people's experiences with having a friend or student do the video of their wedding.  My cousin does some video for her college courses in communications/production, and I am thinking of asking her to set up a camera at our ceremony (plus maybe first dance/toasts) or, if she's not comfortable doing it, seeing if one of her classmates with more experience could do it.  All the costs that are not based on guest number (ie florist, dj, photo etc) fall on our shoulders and we simply don't have the $$ to budget.  

If you did go this route, what was the essential equipment that they needed access to?
Thanks!

Re: Video by a friend or student?

• edited December 2011
    i used friends/ family friends for both... i dont regret usig them i love my stuff!!!!!!1 As far as what they used i have no idea, they should know what they need though!!
  • gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking of doing the same thing... I have a cousin in film school.  Hopefully he's not working on something and can be free that day! =D

Like the above post, they should know what they need.  If they're a student, chances are they can get it from their department.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards