Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Re: FFF

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This is just going to be a work rant...

I just changed jobs a couple of months ago, and I really like my new job for the most part, but there are 3 things are driving me bonkers especially today/ this week.
    I used to have a nice corner cubicle at my old job with lots of privacy and quiet to do my work.. now I sit on a very busy aisle next to the break room and a conference room.

The people that hold meetings in the conference room NEVER shut the door! And proceed to have lengthy LOUD discussions about their personal lives in there. I think they think no one can hear them but it's so distracting. I REALLY need to bring in some headphones.

Then there are the 2 men that sit next to me. One of them likes to trim his nails regulary at work and the other likes to clear the thick phlegm in his throat at a rate of once every 5 minutes.

All of the things were going on at the same time this morning. :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I've looked forward to today all week, as today I mailed my wedding invitations!!

However, I woke up 20 minutes before I was supposed to be at work.  Threw on some clothes, put my hair up, and threw on a little makeup and ran out the door.   What's sad?  I look pretty close to the same as I always do... minus the pony tail. 

Also, IT deleted all of my computer files yesterday so I can't even do my job.   Not good.

...but Happy Friday Everyone!!  Hope you all have a great weekend! =)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My husband has been in a funky butthead mood all week and it's really starting to wear me down. He needs to take some Pamprin and get over it! Grrr! I want to get away this weekend, but we're so poor we can't afford to do anything. Ah, married life!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't complain today.... well not yet. I meet with Becky today for the first time, I am excited but nervous all at the same time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't remember the details but one of the characters on GA last night doesn't like the word 'moist'.  It made me LOL because we've had that convo on the board.

The last 2 weeks of Lent have been the hardest for some reason.  I cheated last Saturday and had a chocolate ball and I haven't told DH.  Don't know if I will either.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not too sure of the new doctor I visited this morning.  He wasn't very personable or warm.  I guess I've always at least gone to some with a personality.  I'm going to stick with him for a couple of visits to see if he grows on me.  Plus, it's apparently ridiculously hard to find a doctor up here who is taking on new patients.

I know it's Friday but I'm going to AW my kids a little.  They started a Quidditch League (from Harry Potter) at the school.  Tomorrow is the first set of matches.  I can't wait to go out and see how they handle it.  I think that's pretty neat of them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Car salesmen piss me off.  I'm not looking forward to trying to buy a new car.
  • Options
    Buttercup509Buttercup509 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Mariah - I don't know what kind of car you're looking for, but I know a lot of the guys at David McDavid. If you want a name, let me know.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:6c7dcfb4-aa66-41ff-9d9c-4ee5100ccaa8Post:dda78bde-f634-4dac-a04d-5a0244b2db76">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Car salesmen piss me off.  I'm not looking forward to trying to buy a new car.
    Posted by Mariah09202008[/QUOTE]

I suggest setting up a fake email address and giving them a different phone number.  Out of 5 car places, only 1 did not hound the living daylights out of us. 
  • Options
    stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I bought my first car, I did it all online.  I contacted the internet sales guy and said I'm looking for this model, this exterior color, this interior color, these options, and I will pay no more than $X.  I said I was not willing to settle on anything else, and I asked him if they had the car in stock, or if they could get it for me. 

I didn't physically go into the dealership until I had in writing what they were going to sell the car for, and I had the information on the exact car I was getting, so I knew that the color/options matched what I wanted.  It couldn't have gone more smoothly.  I didn't get harassed by anyone and I didn't waste my time or theirs by having to sit at the dealership all day long while we negotiated.

Mariah, if you know exactly what you want, I would suggest contacting them online first.  Then you can get a lot of different quotes from different dealerships and use that to get a great price. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Buttercup509Buttercup509 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Steph. The car deals are better online too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I've been in contact with a few internet sales guys.  Apparently when I e-mail them I'm giving them "too much info" according to my husband.  But to me, if they can't give me the price I want on that car, then they're not going to get my business anyway.  I'd rather be up front and honest with the guy and be like, "I want this and this and this for the price of this and that's the max I can go.  what can you do for me?" and if he comes back with something that's not working for me, then obviously I have to move on.  Of course, I did make the mistake of saying in an e-mail that the car he was trying to sell me was the car of my dreams...probably could've left that out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the help ladies! 

I think I'm going to make my husband do all the talking because I'm too nice and I'll be (already have) making the mistake of letting them know I like the car.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards