Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Re: FFF

• edited December 2011
    Crazy panhandlers who threaten to beat up my kids.  Staff members who make terrible judgment calls.
    Anniversary

• crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I flame anyone who insists their BMs must wear a certain shoe, with a floor length dress.  <- Wedding Party-Bridesmaid-zillas.

I had others...but now I forgot. Dangit. 

• edited December 2011
    I flame my H for breaking my computer last night trying to "fix" it.
  • edited December 2011
    Ok we get it, you went to Texas Tech. You don't have to mention it 5x in one week. And it's restaurant, not restraunt.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-68?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:6d049585-bb3c-4f76-8dcf-eff4cfa264cePost:8da69d3d-05e5-4973-baa1-0b17a72626fd">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok we get it, you went to Texas Tech. You don't have to mention it 5x in one week. And it's restaurant, not restraunt.
    Posted by TexanTreasure08[/QUOTE]

<div>Not everyone can be a Bear, Angela.  ;)</div>
    Anniversary

• ecox12ecox12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're driving me crazy saying everything I like is gaudy [sp?]. I grew up being a cheerleader, I like rhinestones and glitter, but I promise you the wedding isn't going to be horrific like you think so. I am going to go crazy if you keep mentioning it every other sentence, and the wedding is a little less than a year away still. Also, I'm not trying to impress your friends and outdo other friends weddings like you. UGH!

~Feels so good to finally get that off my chest somewhere!
  • edited December 2011
    Ecox, I expect spirit fingers with all that glitter :p

Job interviews - don't ask me for the salary range I am in and offer well below it :(  On the bright side, at least you are making offers!
  • ecox12ecox12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-68?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:6d049585-bb3c-4f76-8dcf-eff4cfa264cePost:6b5a0648-8384-40ba-9ee6-5898577f7f81">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're driving me crazy saying everything I like is gaudy [sp?]. I grew up being a cheerleader, I like rhinestones and glitter, but I promise you the wedding isn't going to be horrific like you think so. Posted by ecox12[/QUOTE]

Haha, I remember a salesperson telling me when I was shopping for accessories that it would look gaudy if I wore a necklace and earrings and a headpiece with my dress (which already had a beaded bodice). Whatever. I wore them all and I don't think it looked like "too much" in the least.

But at the time, I told the salesperson that was the one time in my life that I didn't care if it was "too much." I was already in an expensive white dress with a lace train, for crying out loud. It's not like I was going for subtle.
  • ecox12ecox12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I understand :) ... when I went shopping for accessories for my dress, I went once with someone, and that's when I heard "you're getting too gaudy". I then went with my sisters, mom, and grandma, and they were picking out the bigger tiaras and necklaces.. it was quite amusing!

Yesterday we went to the open house at my reception hall, and they were showing an acrylic cake table topper that you can put rhinestones underneath [the owner told us about how she just did it for a wedding the weekend before]. Next thing I heard was "Oh lord, you shouldn't of said something. I'm already trying to keep it down from getting gaudy."

Edit: I can't spell today!

• edited December 2011
    I flame myself. I accadently messed up on my programs...all 100 of them I made so far. Whoops! On the bright side, it's a very easy fix! :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-68?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:6d049585-bb3c-4f76-8dcf-eff4cfa264cePost:37149cf3-797a-49d2-a864-7f6cdb1f6194">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ecox, I expect spirit fingers with all that glitter :p Dog - I get it, you are awake and bored. Sadly, when it's 4 am, I don't feel the same. Shut up and go back to sleep.<strong> Job interviews - don't ask me for the salary range I am in and offer well below it :(
    </strong>Posted by KendallandAlbert[/QUOTE]

I hate when that happens.  :(
  • fryer2012fryer2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

mom- I have not asked you or dad for any monetary help whatsoever and am planning this entire wedding on my own since no one lives locally. But when I ask you for help coming up with some ideas & etiquette questions (which are free) you respond by saying "well aren't you hiring a wedding planner for that?"

No mother, I am hiring a DOC, not full planning.  And even if I had full coordination your input would have still be valuable to me otherwise I wouldn't have bothered asking. Grrrr.

Sorry that was long but this one was eating at me ALL week.

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jen6862Jen6862 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I flame myself for trying to save money and printing my own invitations... it is going very s...l...o..w...e...l...y and it's more than 90 degrees in our office.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, AND I'm flaming anyone who always looks at my daughter and says "oh she's yours?...You look awfully young..."  I get this all the time and it drives me CrAzY!!!  
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-68?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:6d049585-bb3c-4f76-8dcf-eff4cfa264cePost:d483770c-8d5a-44c6-b73d-228f0780ddb6">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame myself for trying to save money and printing my own invitations... it is going very s...l...o..w...e...l...y and it's more than 90 degrees in our office.
    Posted by Jen6862[/QUOTE]

I know this feeling! :)
    edited December 2011
    I'm still flaming this fool who thinks I'm his personal assistant.
    I now have to flame my Father for throwing me under the bus today with said "personal assistant guy":  "Oh, Kathleen will show you how to do X and then she'll input Y for you"
    Really,Dad..REALLY?!

I also flame people who tell you (Not ask) you'll be watching their dog while they're on vacation. Give you a 2 hr time frame when they'll be there for the dogs to meet. Then when my dog has a funny reaction and I tell you we can try one more time. When we text you about it on the day that you're supposed to be coming back with the dog and we've been waiting around most of the day for you,it's better to respond and not make us text multiple people/times. Earlier probably would have been better to tell us you asked someone else to watch the dog.
  • bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm flaming all of y'alls flames because I don't know who they're to!
  • edited December 2011
    Brianna, my FI told me some girl he knows named her daughter Kaydience, or some other crazy spelling, and it made me think of that time you were talking about knowing at least two people who named their daughter a variation of your daughter's name after she was born.

And Kathleen, we have married friends who are working a five-week summer camp together, and they pretty much dropped their dog off at another friend's house with barely any warning.  The friend's parents were piiiisssed.
    Anniversary

• courtski2004courtski2004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I flame wannabe forum police.

I also flame constant complainers. We get it. You have SO much going on, but every dang time you say anything it is to whine and moan about something new. It gets old, and I have gotten to the point that I skip over posts because I assume that these individulals have nothing viable to contribute. This is another reason that I have been relatively quiet lately, because all I seem to have going through my mind are expletives when I read a lot of what is on the board.

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-68?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:6d049585-bb3c-4f76-8dcf-eff4cfa264cePost:97082b3c-2df4-4cec-a732-bc2ac82adccc">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brianna, my FI told me some girl he knows named her daughter Kaydience, or some other crazy spelling, and it made me think of that time you were talking about knowing at least two people who named their daughter a variation of your daughter's name after she was born. <strong>And Kathleen, we have married friends who are working a five-week summer camp together, and they pretty much dropped their dog off at another friend's house with barely any warning.  The friend's parents were piiiisssed.</strong>
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Yea, One of their parents was going to and then backed out..and the other parent "didn't want the responsibility." So it was pretty much "Oh Hey..My Mom backed out so...You're our backup. We leave on the 24th."  
    Oh really now? Thanks for that. 
    It just irks me that we wasted a whole day sitting around waiting for them to come, and when we texted got no response until later I texted her and asked her when they were coming. That was after 6 PM on Sunday and she finally responded with "Oh, well I asked X to watch her" WTF?
  • edited December 2011

I flame all those guests who have not RSVP'd and the deadline is tomorrow!

• edited December 2011
    I flame the jackass who backed into my car and drove off!!! The second time in a month!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • angelsong21angelsong21 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-68?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:6d049585-bb3c-4f76-8dcf-eff4cfa264cePost:d99af34f-e182-4827-9639-41516d05fba2">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame the jackass who backed into my car and drove off!!! The second time in a month!!
    Posted by Amanda667[/QUOTE]

I can relate... this has happened to me 3x in the past year, either while I was inside somewhere or in my car. It REALLY sucks.  If the damage is bad enough, you should be able to file an "uninsured motorist" claim and pay a low deductible (like $250) to have it fixed.  My tail light alone costs about $400, so I had to go that route before.  Sorry this has happened to you. :-/
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    edited December 2011
    I flame a bride who will not LET IT GO.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-68?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:6d049585-bb3c-4f76-8dcf-eff4cfa264cePost:5f43f08d-d216-4227-9408-0f314b9568f2">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : I can relate... this has happened to me 3x in the past year, either while I was inside somewhere or in my car. It REALLY sucks.  If the damage is bad enough, you should be able to file an "uninsured motorist" claim and pay a low deductible (like $250) to have it fixed.  My tail light alone costs about $400, so I had to go that route before.  Sorry this has happened to you. :-/
    Posted by angelsong21[/QUOTE]

Thanks :( Yeah I'm definitely going the uninsured motorist route. It sucks to have to pay it at all, but $250 is way less than it could be otherwise.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I flame the following question:
    "Is there some formula/rule that states if you invite a certain number of people, only this percentage will actually show up?"
    Anniversary

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-68?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:6d049585-bb3c-4f76-8dcf-eff4cfa264cePost:34ef267a-a339-4257-9c84-61066a2be23c">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame the following question: "Is there some formula/rule that states if you invite a certain number of people, only this percentage will actually show up?"
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Again? Someone did this over on CC and actually converted the findings into stats.

I'm afraid some of them might actually depend on that "statistical finding" and over invite.
  • MLandCJMLandCJ member
    edited December 2011
    I flame JCPENNEY! :( I've been to two different stores looking for my cousin's bedding. I can order it online, but they only allow one discount code and I feel that I shouldn't have to pay shipping.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_fff-68?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:6d049585-bb3c-4f76-8dcf-eff4cfa264cePost:3ee0d5dd-2d72-4b9d-823a-9d4fc42e0388">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I flame JCPENNEY! :( I've been to two different stores looking for my cousin's bedding. I can order it online, but they only allow one discount code and I feel that I shouldn't have to pay shipping.
    Posted by MLandCJ[/QUOTE]

Regarding the shipping, won't JCP ship it to the store for free?  I could swear I did that before, but maybe I'm thinking of another store...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards