Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Budget Wedding in Sundance Square?

My hubby-to-be is dying to have the wedding reception in Sundance Square (www.sundancesquare.com).  The cheapest place I could find for a wedding reception was the Renaissance Worthington, which wasn't very cheap (with my budget).  I like it because the outdoor terrace is very beautiful.  The quote they gave me was $8,250 for 120 people.  Our budget is $10,000, so I don't know how this is going to be possible.  Does anyone have any ideas for cheap wedding receptions in Sundance Square?

Thanks!!!

Re: Budget Wedding in Sundance Square?

• Options
    hollyhopeshollyhopes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My hubby-to-be is dying to have the wedding reception in Sundance Square (www.sundancesquare.com).  The cheapest place I could find for a wedding reception was the Renaissance Worthington, which wasn't very cheap (with my budget).  I like it because the outdoor terrace is very beautiful.  The quote they gave me was $8,250 for 120 people.  Our budget is $10,000, so I don't know how this is going to be possible.  Does anyone have any ideas for cheap wedding receptions in Sundance Square?

Thanks!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked in that area (and I had the same budget) but didn't have luck with Sundance Square per se. I checked out Reata restaurant's private party space, but they also had minimums that were above what I could afford for a Saturday.

You might want to look into the buildings nearby that let you bring in your own food and drinks - those were what let me stay close to my budget. I believe the T&P station is pretty close to there. I also like 809 at Vickery and the Fort Worth Community Arts Center which should be near there.

I also visited Stockyards Station (they have several event rooms and reasonable prices) and a friend had a gorgeous wedding at Bass Hall. Oh, and I think I've heard of people having outdoor ceremonies at the FW Water Gardens, so you might check into that.
  • Options
    lesalyriclesalyric member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the same experience with Sundance Square. For a $10K budget, there really aren't any options. :(

Maybe you could have your rehersal dinner in Sundance Square and get married somewhere near downtown?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's also the Ashton Depot but I think it will probably end up being more expensive than that.

I will say that I would have thought that the Worthington would have been a lot more expensive so that sounds like a steal to me.  We have the prom there every year and they are great to work with. 

The Botanical Gardens are beautiful but they only allow extremely small weddings to take place there from what I've read and seen (think under 20 guests).  Good luck with your search!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with MarieSD.  I would check out 809 at Vickery and the rest... Good luck!
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amber's wedding at 809 Vickery is on SixFourteen's blog if you want to take a look.

http://www.sixfourteenphotography.com/
  • Options
    Buttercup509Buttercup509 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bass Hall is near Sundance Square, but I don't know what their pricing is like.
  • Options
    denisecarmonadenisecarmona member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my bridal shower at 809 at Vickery this weekend and I loved it.. it's also perfect for a wedding reception.  Also try YWCA it's not that expensive and you can bring in your own vendors and it's only around $2,200.00

http://www.ywcafortworth.org/ywca-facility-rental.html

• Options
    hollyhopeshollyhopes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, ladies. :-)  If I choose a venue like the YWCA, where can I find an outside company for linens, dining ware, centerpieces, etc?  Are there any catering companies that provide this?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you pick the sites where you can bring your own food/drinks - your caterer will probably provide the dining ware. They might also provide the serving dishes, stuff that you need if you do a buffet - but you'll want to check.

You can rent linens and centerpieces (and dining ware and all the serving stuff if your caterer doesn't provide / you don't like what the caterer provides) from any of the rental companies in the area. (Some caterers might offer linens too. Usually they're just renting them from the same rental companies you could rent from directly, but if you don't want to deal with separate vendors for linens and catering ... it could save you that hassle).

I have bookmarked websites for Taylor's Rentals, NorthWest Rentals, TLC Event Rentals, and Celebration Event Rentals (I think these are all rental companies based in Fort Worth).
  • Options
    denisecarmonadenisecarmona member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting my linens from a lady that rents them let me know if you need her #
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards