Pre-wedding Parties

Wearing White to Pre-Wedding Parties

So I have some friends getting married this summer and white is very much the summer color for this season.  There are so many cute white summer dresses and I was thinking of wearing one to a bridal shower. Plus, white is pretty flattering with my skin tone! :) But after reading this blog post (http://www.mybridalbids.com/blog/?p=345) about brides wearing cute white dresses to their pre-wedding events, I wonder if it'll seem like I'm competing with her "wedding white."  I mean she may not even wear white so it might not be an issue but should I not even take the chance?

Re: Wearing White to Pre-Wedding Parties

• edited December 2011
    Hmm, I'm torn on this one. I want to say it's okay, but I wore white to some of my pre-wedding stuff as the bride.

I think the e-party and bridal shower are probably safe. But I would avoid wearing it to any b-parties or the day before rehearsal stuff.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't worry about it.  But you know your friend.  Is she the type that will get all bent out of shape about it?  Then why tempt fate?  (I'd think she was over-reacting, but not much you can do about that.)
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • frenchy730frenchy730 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't think anything of it if someone were to wear white to any of my pre-wedding parites.  But I probably wouldn't do it, just because I know some brides really do like the whole dress in white as much as possible thing.  There are plenty of other colors to choose from for summer dreses and avoiding potential conflict.
  • edited December 2011

I wore white to my bachorlette party so I would have looked at a girl funny if she did too. But showers, engagement parties aren't a big deal IMO.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Number Invited 181image Number Attending 148image Number Declined 23image Number Not Replied 10image RSVP Date July 7 Magic Number:150
  • edited December 2011
    I bought an off-white colored dress that I plan to wear to my bridal shower. I would be offended if others were wearing white dresses, but obviously it's going to be my shower and everyone's going to know that I'm the bride. Still, I personally wouldn't wear white to someone else's bridal shower and especially not the wedding itself, but that's my preference out of respect for the bride. They're parties in preparation for her big day -- I say save the white dress for graduation parties or other types of functions.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards