Pre-wedding Parties

Corsages for the Mothers? Gifts for the bridesmaids?

Does anyone still do the corsages for the mothers of the bride and groom at the Bridal Shower? I know that this was a tradition in the past but I wasn't sure about modern days.

We are having a traditional bridal shower thrown by the mothers of the bride and groom as well as the Bridesmaids. The mother of the bride is doing  85% of the work with the mother of the groom cooking at the bridesmaids helping least.

There is going to be 100 people there so I wasn't sure if I still should distinguish the moms too?

Also, what about the bridesmaids, do you give them a gift at the shower and the rehearsal?

Re: Corsages for the Mothers? Gifts for the bridesmaids?

• danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    100 people at your shower?  Holy crap!  That's huge.  It's going to take forever for you to open gifts.

I have not heard of giving Moms corsages at the shower, so I would say no, but if it is common in your area and you think they might expect it, then go for it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That is a lot of people! I hope you have a huge venue. No, I have never heard of giving the Mom's corsages for the shower.

You can give your BM's their gifts there, but I suggest waiting until the rehearsal dinner, assuming you are having one. If your BM's helped host your shower, then you should get them something, yes, and then something else for being a BM. It is not required of your BM to plan a shower for you, it is just nice of them to do so.
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow 100 people! Man alive that's a huge shower! But to answer your question, no I've never heard of giving the MOB and the MOG a corsage at the bridal shower. I've only heard of that being done at the actual wedding.

As for the BM gifts and the parent gifts, those are usually given out at the RD. I know that's what I've always seen, and am planning on doing the same at our RD the night before the wedding. The only gifts I'll be giving out at my shower will be to my mom and MOH who are planning and throwing the shower. Those will be more on the line of hostess gifts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards