Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Mother of the Bride Flowers

So....I have a thought about corsages.   I don't love corsages and I have an alternative idea, but it could be a little unconventional.  So I need to know if anybody else has ever heard or seen this.  I want my mom and mother in law to walk down the aisle holding a single rose instead of a standard corsage.  Any thoughts?

Re: Mother of the Bride Flowers

• Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing nosegays for the moms, and I think it will be lovely. I think stephiehall did this too. But a single rose would be nice, too.
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen small nosegays done before, which is pretty comparable to a single flower.  I don't think it would be odd at all.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    dannag75dannag75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im doing a small clutch boquet out of with roses.. i think a single one would be nice too.
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing small hand bouquets for the moms. At my friend's wedding, the florist forgot the mothers' flowers, so we just took a couple long stem white roses from an arrangement, and the moms walked in with those. It looked lovely.
    image 208 Invited
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 102 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are MIA (RSVPs due 9.10)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it would be nice.  Our moms loved carrying the nosegays.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did nosegays.  I think a single rose is fine!  I didn't care for the look of corsages either! 
  • Options
    pattcpattc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Corsages are more for the grandmothers.  A single rose sounds good or a nosegay.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards