Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

invite the entire family?

We're wanting to invite an old family friend who use to babysit me when I was little.  She now has 4 girls.  The oldest girl I am friends with and know, but the other 3 I don't really know.  I've seen them all of maybe 2 times. 

Do I have to invite all 4 of the girls or can I get away with just inviting the mom and the oldest that I am friends with?  or is that rude?

Re: invite the entire family?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Does the oldest girl live with her mother?

If they don't all live in the same house, I think I would send one to the mother (and her husband?), and then a separate one to the daughter since your friends.

If theyall live together I would feel really uncomfortable singling just the two out.  That is a tough one.
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how old are the girls?
  • Options
    kcmedstudentkcmedstudent member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The oldest one is a freshman in college but lives at home.  The mom is divorced.  I don't even know how old the other three girls are maybe junior high and younger.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you're going to have to invite all the girls and, to me, that is kind of a no brainer.  You always have the option of saying your friend plus one guest.  I think those are really your only two options.

Does your caterer have a discounted price for kids at the very least? 

• Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know, I don't think there is anything wrong with inviting Mr & Mrs. Blank on one invite and then sending a separate to the older girl at her college address. Especially if it is more of an "adults only" reception. I wouldn't try and invite them all on one invite, though
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know, I don't think there is anything wrong with inviting Mr & Mrs. Blank on one invite and then sending a separate to the older girl at her college address. Especially if it is more of an "adults only" reception. I wouldn't try and invite them all on one invite, though

This is what I would probably do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards