Pre-wedding Parties
Options

bridal shower/ engagement party...

I was just the MOH for my best friend's wedding which was planned in 6months. She had an engagement party, bridal shower, bachelorette party/ bachelorparty, rehersal dinner and wedding day...

honestly it was a lot of work for everyone involved.  I  got engaged in October 09 and am not getting married until 06/11 so I have some time. I like the idea of having an engagement party but do I really need a bridal shower?? what is the reason for throwing one??

I believe that this is both my and Justin's wedding so we should celebrate it together ( excludig the bachelor/ bachelorette parties). I need help understanding all of the wedding party extras!!!

Please help... what should we do and how far out from our wedding date??

Re: bridal shower/ engagement party...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The bridal party is so your closest family and friends can shower you with gifts. You do not plan it, it is thrown FOR you. Many couples have a co-ed shower. Just mention to your mother and maybe MOH that IF a shower were given, then you would like FI to be there. Also, run this by FI, some men don't feel comfortable going to a shower that is traditionally women only.
  • Options
    quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You don't have to have a shower, but some people really want to give/go to them for reasons I don't understand.  I wasn't going to have one, but apparently my aunt was very upset by that and really wanted to go to my shower, sooooooo.... it's less drama to have one, even though I think they're silly.
    Married 10/2/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards