• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Pre-wedding Parties

Rehearsal Dinner Bar...Open or Cash?

My fiance's parents are funding the rehearsal dinner, but we are still helping with the planning and communication between his parents and the venue (same venue as our reception). Right now we're trying to figure out what the best idea would be for the bar set up at the rehearsal dinner.Ideally, I'd like an open bar the whole weekend. I hate the idea of asking our friends and family to travel (we're having a pseudo-destination wedding in Vermont...our bridal party will be spending 2 nights away from their homes in Massachusetts) and then having them pay for their drinks. My opinion is we're the hosts and it's rude to ask people to pay for what we should provide them., but I'm worried that my fiance and his parents will want a cash bar.Is it impolite or rude to have a cash bar in this instance? I don't want to push the open bar idea if a cash bar is perfectly acceptable.Thanks!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Bar...Open or Cash?

• edited December 2011
    sorry but I do not agree with the PP. You do not have to do an open bar. I am doing a bottle of red wine and a bottle of white wine at each table and that is it. I get so fustrated when people say it is rude for things like this. Do what you can afford and that is it...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards