Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Don't want to call it a "couples" shower!

My Maid of Honor is putting together a co-ed shower for my fiance and I.  We opted to go this route instead of having an all female event so that we could include my fiance and his friends!  We are going to make it a casual backyard cookout in the summer.  Typically, this would be called a "couples shower", but the problem is that 5 out of my 7 bridesmaids and a couple of his groomsmen are not married or in relationships - therefore, not a couple!  I remember getting "couples shower" invites back in my single days and always rolled my eyes!  Ha!...but of course I always went...by my single self!  We aren't really into the whole "Jack & Jill" Shower saying either...any suggestions?!  Engagement shower?  Help!

Re: Don't want to call it a "couples" shower!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Engagement party?
  • Options
    quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just call it a co-ed shower.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    ErinC85ErinC85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was always under the impression that couples shower meant it was in honor of the couple as opposed to just the bride. I guess I was wrong, but I would suggest wording it as a shower for the happy couple on the invitation so people get the idea it isnt just a ladies' things. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We called it a Wedding Celebration for the shower thrown for us at work.  We also had another shower thrown for us that was called a Stock the Bar Party.

• Options
    edited December 2011

I don't think it's necessary to out it on the invite.  For the actual couples, you just put both names on the envelope, so they know they're both invited.   Not sure if you *need* the single people to know that it will be co-ed.  KWIM? You probably speak to your BP enough where the news will get out via word of mouth.  HTH!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my own bridal shower, but we are opting out of the whole bachelor/ bachelorette party thing. Neither of us does the bar scene nor want strippers so we have opted to have a bbq and bonfire. We are just gonna call it a party.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    erin, you are right and OP is wrong-- it is called a couple's shower because it is for the couple.  OP, when you go to "bridal" showers, do you expect everyone there to be a bride?  no.  the shower is named after the guest of honor-- bride or couple.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards