Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal Shower Question...

Hi all,
I have a question about shower ettiquite. We are having a very small DW this fall, and are planning on hosting a reception in my hometown next spring. None of our aunts/uncles/cousins are coming to the DW, but will all be at the reception.

Is it appropriate to have a shower with all of these relatives? My sister (and MOH) has asked if she could host it. But I'm not sure if it's appropriate or not. I don't want to seem greedy. What do you think?
TIA!

Re: Bridal Shower Question...

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Only people that are being invited to the wedding get shower invitation.  If you're inviting your aunts/cousins to the wedding, then I guess you could invite them to a shower.

I wouldn't because I think it would appear really gift-grabby.  But the etiquette is no wedding invitation=no shower invitation.

I think it's one of the consequences you accept when you plan a DW:  you give up pre-wedding parties.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • MidgetthMidgetth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As long as those ppl coming to the shower are at your wedding. Otherwise I would say it's very rude & will seem greedy. Some people probably would be upset. I know I would be.   "I'm not close enough to be invited to the wedding but I'm close enough to invite for presents?" If they all know you're getting married & they know they are NOT invited to the wedding & if they still want to send you a gift they will.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards