Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Wedding Venue Suggestions in Dallas, TX

Hi all- My first post!

Here is the situation:
We want and outdoor ceremony like Dallas Arboretum, but indoor reception (modern feel) preferably at the same location. 200-250

We went to Marc events, eM venue., loved it but no place to have an outdoor wedding but love the reception area.

Dallas Arboretum is nice but the pricing and we would have to find a caterer etc...

TX Discovery Gardens, is OK.
Mandalay in Irving in OK, but I really want it in Dallas proper!
I also went to Timmaron Club in Southlake, $$$$
NYLO in Las Colinas is too hip for my crowd also not a big outdoor space for a wedding.
Arlington Hall is gorgeous but expensive as well.

ANY SUGGESTIONS? Maybe I need to give up on the all in one location thing huh?

Re: Wedding Venue Suggestions in Dallas, TX

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out our vendor sticky at the top of the page -- you might get some good ideas there.

PS Welcome and congrats!  When is your wedding?
    Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011

Welcome and Congrats!

Ditto on our vendor sticky!! There are lots of places to look at for all in ones. That was my only thing I wanted. Most I would say are inside. Two venues I looked into (I don't believe they are on the sticky) is Medditerrean VIlla in Arlington. Yes, it has a chapel, but they showed me a spot where they do outdoor ceramonies as well. (Not sure on the amount of people though for that). Second one, and I don't know your location, but it's at Hilton DFW Lakes by Grapevine Mills Mall and Bass Pro Shop. The pictures on brochures have it to where you can get married outdoors, and the banquet room is nice and holds a lot of people! (I had my chior banquet there in high school-I do rec. their room!)

HTH

• Options
    Canday27Canday27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding is May 5th 2012, but I am flexible.
    I went to Mediteranean as well. The inside ceremony area is gorgeous but the outdoor is rather small.
    I will take a look at the notes
    Thanks
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From our list, the ones I see are:

Colleyville Center
    McKinney Cotton Mill
    El Dorado CC
    Hall of State
    The Tribute (might be too small)
    Winfrey Point--affordable but 100% DIY
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out this link for some different ideas than those just on the sticky.  I have noticed that the sticky is a bit out of date and doesn't have all the venues listed.  Several fabulous ones are missing.  Here are a few more ideas: http://www.jonathanivyphoto.com/blog/outdoor-wedding-venues-in-dallas/
    A Wedding Fanatic! -favorite tents: Jacqueline Chapelle- www.jacquelinechapelle.com -favorite photographer: Jonathan Ivy Photo- www.jonathanivyphoto.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know it isn't in Dallas but, the Ruthe Jackson Center in GP has a large garden with fountains, koi, etc etc outside with a really pretty ballroom inside.  The only thing I would change is the carpet!

ETA: I priced out a LOT of indoor/outdoor garden facilities in and around Dallas.  To be honest, I didn't find many I loved inside the actual city of Dallas.  Most of the ones we loved were in surrounding areas.  Have you looked at the Aristide in Mansfield?  It has a beautiful space both in and out as well.

• Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You want your wedding in Dallas proper though right?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Not in Dallas, but hopefully this helps... Laughing

http://www.venetianterrace.com/ this is in las colinas

http://www.reflectionsonspringcreek.com/ in plano

"I found the one whom my soul loves." Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bwasekbwasek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've tried communicating with Reflections for months now. They respond to 1 email but not to questions and each email I send them they respond as if they have no clue who I am! I love the pics but not sure I should even try to follow up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards