Pre-wedding Parties

Engagement Party decor

My parents are graciously throwing FI and I an engagement party. They have rented a hall and my Mom asked for my ideas on decor. I'm so lost, I keep hearing it should be different from the wedding. We are having a formal wedding and my colors are purple, black and white. Also my wedding will be in February and the engagement party in June. 

So this is where I am stuck, do I pick totally different colors? If I do something summery, how do I incorporate the wedding? Or do I stick with colors from the wedding? A friend had come up with an idea of doing colors red, black and white with Love as a theme. I would really love to hear what everyone thinks and any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Engagement Party decor

• SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For our engagement party last year, my mom decorated in the wedding colors we had picked out. Everything from the linens to the balloons to the cocktail napkins were in our colors. But you don't have to do it that way. If you had your eyes on another color scheme, this would be the time to use it! 

As far as decorations, yeah it's different from the wedding because it's much more casual. We had balloons and disposable cups and plates for the hors d'oeuvres. There wasn't an overload of decorations though. There were some candles lit, a fire in the fireplace, some balloons, and then the food and drinks were displayed on the bar top counter and the dining room table.  

I like the "Love" theme and I think that would be great for your engagement party. Talk with your parents since they're hosting and see how it can be done. HTH!
  • JennasourusJennasourus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the "Love" theme! We haven't decided on our wedding colors yet, but the colors for the engagement party will be hot pink and Navy blue. We are doing very simple decorations for the engagement party. We got smallish square vases and will fill them with hot pink roses, then well tie a navy blue ribbon around the vase. and were gonna put a small candle on each side. For place cards im going to make cake pops (http://www.bakerella.com/dont-lick-bite…/) Im gonna to make the white chocolate hot pink and then tie the wrapping close with the navy blue ribbon. then ill put a little tag on each stating which table they are sitting at. And then for our favors were doing Chocolate bars with our engagement photos on them. My mom and dad are throwing us the party but me and my mom and creating all the decorations.

Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards