Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bachelorette/shower weekend

My Matron of Honor is pregnant and she isn't due until the middle of May.  She just sent me an email asking about ideas for my bridal shower and bachelorette.  She was wondering if it would be ok to do it all in one weekend about 3 weeks before the wedding.  My wedding is July 17th and she threw out the dates of June 25 and 26th so that she may have more energy after the baby is born.  I am wondering if that is too close to the wedding date to have a shower. 
On a side note, I also have a matron of honor, my sister, who lives in another state where all of my and my fiance's family lives.  They will also be throwing me a shower in that state for my whole family and his.  I am hoping this shower will be at least two or three months before the wedding.
My matron of honor is throwing a shower for me that will primarily be a friend shower with just a few family members.    How far in advance should a typcial shower be?  And is it sensible to have a bachelorette party on a Friday and then a shower on that Saturday? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bachelorette/shower weekend

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG your friend is throwing you a shower when she will have a newborn infant?  She's awesome!  Do you know how hard that will be for her?  I would say let her plan for whenever she can handle.  Doesn't matter how close it is to your wedding.  Your MOH ROCKS!  You're a lucky woman!
  • Options
    danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Since it's a smaller shower mainly for friends, I think it's okay to have it 3 weeks before the wedding.  You will probably have already had the bigger one that includes your family and his anyway. 

I wouldn't do the bachelorette on Friday and then shower on Saturday, just because everyone might be hungover and tired, depending on what you do Friday night.  I have attended a shower on a Saturday followed by the b-party on that Saturday night and that worked out great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dani, my DD did have her b-party on Saturday with her shower on Sunday.  It worked out fine, and was great.  All of her WP were OOT, so they only had to travel one weekend, and give up one weekend. 

You're right, there wasn't a lot of drinking going on, but I just wanted to say that it can be an excellent solution, particularly with OOT WP.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards