Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Cocktail Party Bridal Shower Help!

Hello all!

I'm currently in the process of planning a bridal shower for one of my best friends (and bridesmaid in my wedding almost three years ago), and I could use a little help. 

I'm planning a classic cocktail party, with a variety of Hors d'oeuvres and several signature cocktails. The problem is, I'm uneasy about how much of a selection of Hors d'oeuvres I should offer. 

A little information: The guest list is 20 ladies, including myself and the bride. It will probably take place in the early evening, around dinner time, so I want to make sure there is enough food to basically replace a normal dinner. I've done some research on this and found that most places recommend an average of 8-15 bites per guest for this time frame, and a selection of 8-10 different Hors d'oeuvres.

So far on my menu I have vegetable and fruit crudites with dips; shrimp cocktail; my mom's amazing fresh tomato and mozzarella bruschetta; smoked salmon canapes; and spicy meatballs. 

Dessert selections will be chocolate dipped strawberries; Bailey's marbled cheesecake cups; and mini cupcakes with rum buttercream frosting.

I think I would like to add one or two more things to the menu, but I would still like to keep it relatively simple to prepare. I will have help from a couple of people, but I would like to be able to prepare as much ahead of time as possible, and not have to constantly monitor hot Hors d'oeuvres during the party.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions/comments/etc? They're greatly appreciated! 

Re: Cocktail Party Bridal Shower Help!

• Options
    kmg977kmg977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

U have enough food girl!!! (you could add a tossed ceasar salad to go with the food if your worried tho)Sounds like it will a great bridal shower!! Im sure the Bride to be will love it!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Nice planning!  How about adding some nice bread or small buns?  I do think you have enough food planned though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the others. You have enough food and it all sounds yummy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards