Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelorette Guests

How many people did you have at your bachelorette party and what did you do? Also, including past parties you have been to, which do you prefer - a larger group of 6 or more, or a more intimate group? Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: Bachelorette Guests

• edited December 2011
    Thanks Joy, but I'm more looking to hear about the size of the group of girls that go. And what activites worked with smaller groups vs. larger groups.
    Anniversary
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's up to what the bride likes to do and how many people can justifiably come.  Sorry, I should've been more clear with why I linked you there.

I'm a quiet kinda person.  I'd rather go get mani/pedis and dinner with a small group of people.  If the bride is more gregarious and loves big groups of people, then the more the merrier!

Personally, I think a b-party shouldn't be huge.  Even twenty people seems like too much to  me.  Especially if you want to go to a spa, the scheduling logistics would be a nightmare.  But, if you want to rent a party bus and travel around all night, then you can have as many people as needed and split the cost with everyone (score!).

Soo... it's a little confusing to answer :)
  • Robmic04Robmic04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having only ten girls at my bach party. We are just gonna get together at my sisters also MOH.. and have a good time and drink some beer. Nothing too crazy.
  • edited December 2011
    I will have no more than 10. Part of the reason for this is, we are having it at my dad's house, in his basement because he has a large movie theater. It has 8 seats, and there is another one we can pull into the theater, plus the floor is actually not that bad to lay on, with a couple blankets and pillows. We are doing a scary movie marathon. He also has a full bar and theater-style popcorn machine so we will be having our own little party there!
    Amanda and Eric Gettin' married 10/10/10
  • edited December 2011
    10 seems to be popular, and that was mine as well.  We needed a solid group for the drunken karaoke shenanigans to be appropriately carried out, anyways...
  • edited December 2011
    My sis is having a pool party with at home wine tasting .. bbq.. then out to the bars (all day event).  About 20+ people including moms, aunts, cousins, SILs, etc.  We are having lots of games.

I am having a very intimate (most likely 6 girls maybe 10) bach party.  We are drinking at an apartment first then going to a bar afterwards in the city.  I want a fun night out without all the games and such.

Two completely different parties with completely different feels for 2 very different girls.  My sis' party is this weekend.. PM if you want ideas on games, favors, food, alcohol and such for a large party.  

Do what you want.  If you have something small .. only your closest friends will expect an invite.. if you have something larger.. expect more people wanting an invite (especially if it is something fun and affordable!)  
  • edited December 2011
    I live in Cincinnati, my MOH/sister lives in Chicago, and his sisters live in Milwaukee so I think in order for them all not to have to travel for the B-Party AND the wedding, I'm going to get a handful of my friends and do a night out in Chicago!  BUT that is just me, I think if you have a small group of people you will have just as much fun as a group of 20+.  It just depends on how rowdy you want to get!

For a small group of 10 or less, I like the ideas people have of doing a spa day then a nice dinner somewhere.  Or go bowling or something you all enjoy doing!
    Vicki & Ali - 3/5/11 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, therefore, I would have about 10-15 people.
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like fun!
  • edited December 2011
    It depends on the Bride.
    We have about 25 people on my b-party list -- />which is significantly smaller than my showers...which have about 40 on what I've dubbed "The Mamas' Shower" and 30 on "The Maids' Shower".

But  most, as you've  probably read already stick around at about 10-15.
  • mebywf08mebywf08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning to go out of town for a fun weekend trip. My MOH's are debating between Vegas, Napa Valley, and Miami now. At any of these locations there will probably be about 12-16 people going. However, if we end up doing it in Dallas, there will probably be about 40 people invited...

The few that I've been to have been fairly small events. My FSIL's is in 3 weeks and it will be around 15 people as well. We're going wine tasting, out to dinner, having a passion party at a chocolate bar, and then going out. I'm sure it's going to be a blast!

Do what you want and make sure it is about YOU!
    Happy Little Wife!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards