Pre-wedding Parties

bachlorette party question

My wedding is going to be in Hawaii where FI and I live. My bridesmaids have asked when the bachlorette party is going to be. My wedding is onthe 15th and we set the 13th as the date so there isno risk of being hungover for the wedding day.

But when the girls ask me WHAT we will be doing for the bachlorette party i was surprised to learn they expect me to plan it too. Its to my understanding that the Bridesmaids plan the party. I live here in hawaii so I am up to suggesting "hot spots" but not planning the whole party.

question 1: am I wrong to think they should plan it

question 2: how do I express that its not my responsibility to plan my own party?

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: bachlorette party question

• NAClarkNAClark member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree - you shouldn't plan your own bachelorette. If your group is not comfortable planning one for you due to distance or whatever, you could maybe do it all together if you're happy with that!

And I also agree that just saying you're not comfortable planning your own party should communicate this. You could also say you think they'd do a great job and that you would be happy to pitch in with the local details!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards