Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Winter Rehearsal Dinner

We are having a formal wedding, but I would like to have a casual/relaxed rehearsal dinner! The problem is when I think of casual, I think summer...outside... bbq.

Do you have any ideas for a casual rehearsal dinner in December in OH! it will be cold! No room at either of the houses for everyone. Please help!! 

Re: Winter Rehearsal Dinner

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How about a cocktail party or a wine tasting party?  You could serve apps and a few bottles of your favorite wine. The nature of that event wouldn't be sit down and it would allow folks to flow in and out.  Let everyone know its casual. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My IL's rented a community hall (it ended up being the KOC hall at the church) and had a Qdoba buffet.  It was very delicious and very laid back.  My Aunt went to a pizzeria for her rehearsal dinner.  I think any low key restaurant would be fine.
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    lizstill13lizstill13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours at a BBQ joint in town. Same concept with heat.
  • Options
    quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just take everybody to a casual restaurant, like a pizzeria or something.  Or you could even do it at a bowling alley, and then people could stick around and bowl afterwards, or a bar with pool tables, or whatever.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the wine tasting idea... like pairing a tasting of wine with tapas style courses and finish it off with chocolates and dessert wine
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    any casual restaurant would work or see about renting a room in a local comunity center or see if the hotel guests are staying at has smaller meeting rooms you could use...then just cater in something-it could be anything! Italian, BBQ, etc
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards