Pre-wedding Parties
Options

When to give shower host gifts?

Does it make sense to bring gifts for the shower hosts to the shower? or should they be given a day or more afterwards?  I don't know why but for some reason it feels weird for the bride to show up to the shower with gifts for the hosts before even having the shower, but maybe I'm just being weird.  It would be kinda hard to personalize the thank you card to touch upon maybe some phenominal aspects of the shower that you don't know they have planned.  Like it would just be a sincere thank you for throwing the party, but maybe it would be a nicer touch to write it after the party and say," I couldn't believe that gorgeous cake you had made for the shower", or something like that.  You know what I mean? What do you think?
photo c5dc5e88-48f8-44ab-b391-57c945a2a7c9_zps31846873.jpg

Abigail and Emily born at 38w5d
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
"Two Babies, Two Boobies" - That's how I roll.

Re: When to give shower host gifts?

• Options
    jed15jed15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it really is that big of a deal when you give the gift, but I'd make sure to send a nice thank you card after the fact as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on sending them flowers the day after the shower along with a thank you note.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    roselyn81roselyn81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is this standard? Are brides typically expected to give the shower hosts a gift to thank them?

I'm not trying to sound facetious...I really never thought about it. So now I'm wondering what should I get them and yes, when should i give them their gifts! Undecided
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards