Pre-wedding Parties
Options

groom at bridal shower

My bridal shower is this weekend and I was wondering if my FI needs to make an appereance. There will be a lot of his family there who are from out of town...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: groom at bridal shower

• Options
    angiems97angiems97 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In my experience, grooms come near the end of the shower to see everyone and see the gifts and help carry the gifts to the car.  My groom ended up coming to my two family/friends showers (not the work one) because it is tradition one one side and on the other side-the other shower-because his family was in town.  It was fine.  He sat up there with me to open the presents.  I would have your FI come since his family will be there.  If there is something absolutely he can't see, he can leave the room for a few minutes. (I doubt there will be there!)  Also, my FI had not met some old family friends so I wanted him there to meet them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_groom-bridal-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:89b7efd2-8aff-4c8d-b436-212ed3e471bdPost:d88d0555-479d-49dd-aa15-d1188dd41ef9">groom at bridal shower</a>:
    [QUOTE]My bridal shower is this weekend and I was wondering if my FI needs to make an appereance. There will be a lot of his family there who are from out of town...
    Posted by sammisho[/QUOTE]
    He doesn't <em>need</em> to make an appearance... it isn't mandatory or anything. But it would be really nice if he did, especially if any of his family is invited that would like to see him, if only for a quick hello.
    Also, a lot fiancés are asked to show up at the end to help load up the car with the gifts. The shower might be for the bride, but he'll be benefiting from the gifts, too.
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He doesn't need to make an appearance, but it's nice if he does. My FI dropped me off and picked me up from my bridal shower. This way he was able to say hello to everyone and thank them for coming and for their generous gifts face to face. During the bridal shower my dad, FFIL, FI, and my grandfather went out for lunch together and then got ice cream to kill time and have time to get to know each other a little more. FI was nervous about it being awkward, but he said it ended up being a great time and he's so glad my dad suggested it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards