Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Rehearsal Dinner

Well, my FI parents waited until the last minute to want to finalize any plans for the rehearsal dinner they are hosting, so the venue is booked with another wedding the night before ours when the rehearsal dinner is supposed to take place.  I need suggestions on how to handle this..... did you have your rehearsal at another location and it still turned out well?  Any suggestions are much appreciated!!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• Options
    edited December 2011
    our rehearsal is going to be at a restaurant near our venue. you can look around.. it doesnt matter if its not at your venue..it can be in someones house if worse comes to worse
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a backyard RD and I honestly loved it so much more than rehearsing at the location and then going out to a restaurant. All the WP really needs to know is what order to walk down in and when to walk. That can be rehearsed anywhere, it doesn't need to be at the actual church or actual venue. I have pictures in my married bio of how our RD turned out.
  • Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I'm confused, you can't hold the dinner at the venue or you can't hold the rehearsal and the dinner at the venue. 

I've never known anyone who had their RD at the rehearsal site.  But in my experience when you book your ceremony venue you book the rehearsal time too. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've rehearsed for a wedding at the venue. I've also rehearsed for a different wedding in a hotel meeting room.  Whatever.

People need to know the order they walk in and where to stand.  That can easily be achieved anywhere - not necessarily the venue.  Don't stress about this.
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My RD was at my in-laws house after the rehearsal at the church. 

My son and DIL's RD was a backyard picnic at our house that was actually before the rehearsal.  Once rehearsal was over guys came back to our house, girls when to DIL's mom's house.

DD and SIL's RD was at the venue where the rehearsal was, and where the wedding would be the next day. 

It really doesn't matter.where it is.  It doesn't have to be formal and doesn't have to be where the rehearsal is.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Of course you can have the RD at a place other than the wedding venue. Or you could change the date of the rehearsal. The rehearsal does't have to be the night before the wedding.

• Options
    pengy_wipengy_wi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a hard time with location too. We finally asked my aunt if we could use her shed/barn and she was thrilled to say yes. We're having it catered with fried chicken, bbq pork and fixings, pies and tubs of iced beer and sodas. I'me getting really excited about how fun and laid back it will be. Plus we get to save money on drinks by providing our own.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards