Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Centerpiece question for bridal shower

Help! I am hosting a bridal shower for my sister and we were planning to use Aqua mason jars for the centerpieces with fresh white hydrangea flowers in them. Problem is...I don't want to give away my Aqua mason jars! Number one reason: they were VERY pricey. But the MAIN reason is that I will be     re-using them to hang on shepherd's hooks with votives in them to light the path at the wedding itself. 

Is there some kind of etiquette that you HAVE to give away centerpieces at a bridal shower? We are giving personalized glass mirrors (for purse) to each lady as a favor and also a small tin of mints...plus we have prizes as well. I have no problem letting go of the hydrangeas and was trying to think of an inexpensive way to wrap them or somehow give the flowers as gifts to guests. Unfortunately it would have to be very inexpensive...as I am already maxed out on my budget. Any ideas/ thoughts???

Re: Centerpiece question for bridal shower

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Of course you don't have to let the guests take the centerpieces. I have never heard of this before. If you are concerned that someone will take them, just put a 'Property of 333Aim' label on the bottom of each.

• Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a bridal shower for my daughter last sumer and no one took home the centerpieces.  Ditto at the wedding reception.

You could always mention at the shower that the centerpieces must remain on the tables.

If you want to give the flowers away - just bring some paper towels, wet them and wrap them around the stems.
  • Options
    Whippet8Whippet8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You definitely don't have to give away the centerpieces...I dont think I've ever been to one where they do that, only weddings. Also, we didn't even have centerpieces at my shower...
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    At all the showers I've ever been to, guests have been encouraged to take the CPs.  I would suggest you tie the flowers together like a bouquet and via word-of-mouth during the shower, let guests know that they are welcome to take the bouquets

HTH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards