Pre-wedding Parties

Who should be invited to the Bridal Shower?

I was wondering what is the typical etiquette for who to invite to the bridal shower?

Re: Who should be invited to the Bridal Shower?

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm of the opinion that only closest friends and family should be invited.  I prefer showers that are small:  max of 25 guests, and that includes the bride and WP.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • scpalmtree06scpalmtree06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just addressed this issue on another board that I frequent (non-Knot) and got a variety of responses.

I'm hosting a shower for a close friend in the coming months.  I was shocked when she sent me a potential guest list over nearly 50 people for the shower!  Luckily she said she only anticipates 20-25 to actually attend, but still she's sending an invitation to basically every woman invited to her wedding.

I think 20 max is ideal IMO.  It also depends on what you want to do during the shower.  Do you plan on playing games and actually watching the bride open the gifts?  Then a smaller guest list is the way to go.  If you want more than 20 people there, then you might have to forego playing too many games and/or actually watching the bride open the gifts (which apparently is a new trend).  However, if you do that, then what will the people at the shower do?  Just stand around and talk?

Just my .02 cents.
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree that close friends & family should be invited. I don't think that your cousin's new girlfriend should be invited & any other situation like that!

GL & HTH!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • sumgirl09sumgirl09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi
    who normally throws the shower? and when is the supposed to be done?  So if the women you invite to this shower are suppose bring a gift for the bride, do they bring another to the wedding for both ?  I'm confused on this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards