Pre-wedding Parties
Options

who do i invite??

I am planning on having the bridal shower and bachelorette party on the same day... i want to get invites sent out but i dont know who i'm suppose to invite!  I know my sisters, and aunts and good friends but where do I draw the line? Cousin's wives and girlfriends.. My fi's long lost aunt??  Who typically gets invited?

Re: who do i invite??

• Options
    danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You shouldn't be throwing your own bridal shower or bachelorette party.  This is something that someone will offer to throw for you.  When they do, your list should be only the women closest to you, not every woman invited to the wedding.  So best friends, moms, sisters, aunts if you are close, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jeanna85jeanna85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You shouldn't be planning your own bachelorette or shower. It's in very poor taste to throw parties for yourself. Let your BMs handle it, and if they don't then you won't have a shower/bachelorette party- as simple as that.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dont worry, I'm not throwing it myself. My MOH and sister are in charge of it. I'm just helping out with the invites.... chillax. Thanks for the advice though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    when my MOH asked for the invites to the shower, i took off all of MY guests' guests... like my fiance's groomsmen's girlfriends who would just feel awkward (i always feel weird getting invitations when it's really my fi's friend). i also only invited family members in the area, and only cousins in the wedding itself (i have a HUGE family). we've also had a rule throughout wedding planning that anyone neither of us has met since we've been together gets cut, such as your fi's long lost aunt. 

my girls haven't told me a thing about the bachelorette, except that i need to get myself halfway across the country...so i can't help there! 
    160 image 99 image 13 image 48 image
    RSVP Date: June 18th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards