Pre-wedding Parties

rehearsal dinner

Should we send out invitations for our rehearsal dinner if it is only going to include our parents, grandparents and bridal party?

Re: rehearsal dinner

• AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't. 

I got a rehearsal dinner invite for my sister's wedding.  I thought it was an unnecessary use of paper and, from what I heard, very few people RSVPed because they it was just understood that they'd be there.
  • edited December 2011
    If you don't feel they are necessary, don't send them out.

My MIL handled our RD and she decided to send out invites bc she need to know for a head count. I didn't care and I wasn't going to tell her not to. She got prompt responses from everyone except a few people.
  • Kristin789Kristin789 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where I live, the MOG takes great pride in hosting this very special dinner party called the RD and she certainly does have real invitations, a theme, a color scheme, a specila menu worked out with the restaurant, etc.

The MOG's I know have taken off work to fly up to the wedding location, and the MOG and FOG visit about three or four RD possible locations (with appointments set up ahead of time) and then pick one and then sign the contract with all the details set, etc.

It's a HUGE deal for the groom's family.  I can't imagine the parents of the groom not wanting to send out invitations, etc.
  • edited December 2011
    You need to make sure that everyone is informed of the event... paper invite, email, phone calls are all perfectly fine. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It all depends on how many people. Sounds like yours is small enough just to make a few phone calls and be done with it.
  • edited December 2011
    I am going to send out cards to my weddign party and family members.  I will also be including information about the rehersal itself such as time and other information. 

I've been in weddings where they havn't sent out invites or what not and it was a bit confusing hearing by word of mouth,especially if it's not the Bride or Groom's mouth you are hearing it from.   If you do send out cards though, I wouldn't expect an RSVP unless you ask those unable to attend to RSVP.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards