Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bachlorette Party - Mother of the Bride - Help

My daughter has asked me to be her Matron of Honor. Which I have agreed to. We are very close. She also has three of her best friends standing up with her. The bridesmaids are throwing the Bachlorette party and asking everyone to chip in and I am doing the Bridal Shower luncheon on my dime alone at a fancy Italian restaurant. Here is the question.

They are throwing an all weekend Bachlorette party aka Hen Party (British style Bachlorette party) which has a theme. The theme is MOD…..twiggy and all……my daughters mother in law to be is providing the venue she has a beautiful mansion, she is a partier, 45 and hot and so are her sisters. They are all about partying so they are obviously invited. I am more a traditional mom, not hot, not a huge drinker…..this will be an all weekend binge…….On top of this I am not wealthy and spending money on the Bachlorette party ie….travel, costume and drink money is money I want to put towards the Bridal Shower. I am also paying for my daughters wedding dress, still have to buy a dress for the wedding and suit for my husband and we want to give her alittle gift of money. I simply am stretched on money. I don’t want to hurt my daughter……

My sister said I need to go, this is about my daughter, which I totally agree, I do not want to embarrass her by not being there but I feel this is her single party and I want her to have a fantastic time and not have to watch what she says, what she does or be embarrassed if people are inappropriate in front of me. Is it okay to beg off ?

Re: Bachlorette Party - Mother of the Bride - Help

• Options
    quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you should talk to her.  I would not want my mom at my bach party (or my FMIL, no matter how "hot" she is) so maybe she won't mind.  Just be honest with her about your concerns and if she seems hurt that you might not make it, perhaps you could go for part of the weekend rather than staying for the whole thing?
    Married 10/2/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards