Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Wedding Invites/Bridal Shower

I've read that you should not have a shower until after your wedding invites go out. My MOH and 2 BM's are throwing me a shower July 10th (originally wanted it to be June 26th, but i held them off!) and I'm not getting married until October 3rd. I hadn't planned on sending out invites until the middle/end of July, but I'm worried now that I should send them before the shower (which to me seems a little too soon...).

Any thoughts?
my read shelf:
Elysia's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Wedding Invites/Bridal Shower

• Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely hold off sending out the wedding invitations since you'll still be too far out. I've attended bridal showers where the wedding invitations hadn't been sent out yet, or the bridal shower invite was sent out a bit before the wedding invitation.

Ditto StageManager14, just make sure that anyone invited to the shower will also get a wedding invite when those are sent out. HTH!
  • Options
    merivale87merivale87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going against wedding etiquette. 
    my read shelf:
    Elysia's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree.  You may just want to finalize your invite list for your wedding now.  Share this with your bridesmaids to really ensure that no one gets invited to the shower that you decide to not invite to your wedding.
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards