Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Out of town bride

Okay so I move with my fiancé to Tx a few months ago. Niether my bm or my moh live near me. I am getting married in vegas. Any one have any ideas on how to handle a shower? My mother offered to throw one for me 4th of July weekend, which is about a week before the wedding and two days before my birthday. I am afraid no one will come. please help

Re: Out of town bride

• Options
    duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whoever offers to throw you a shower can do so.  I'm not sure what you mean by "handle a shower."  If someone (your mom, whoever) offers to throw one and you want one, then accept.  If you don't want one then decline.

I think a week before the wedding is too close if you are expecting anyone to travel.  If your mom is willing I'd suggest you have it local to wherever most of your guests and/or family are from.

Otherwise, just say "thanks, but no thanks."
  • Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is the shower your mom is throwing in Vegas as well? Is that where most of your friends and family are? If so, then I think that's a great idea, but if it's not local for most of the guest list, I think that would be too much to ask of people to travel twice in one week or take a whole week off for the shower and then the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards