Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelor Party Too expensive!!!

My fiance's best friend is also getting married the same month we are - the big difference is that his wedding is paid for by family and we are paying for our own as our parents are unable to help with large sums.  The problem is this best friend planned his OWN bachelor party and rented a boat for $6500 for TWO DAYS that is over 12 hours away as well....all the "guys" are supposed to now pitch in for this plus food and liquor and transportation - he thinks a bus should be rented as well.  I have just paid $3000 of my own money on my fiance's credit card to help him pay it off and now he thinks he should blow at least $1000 on two days with the guys ( we have never been on a trip like this together even). 

Am I being a jerk or does this sound a little much?

Re: Bachelor Party Too expensive!!!

• banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you have a HUGE FI problem if he sees nothing wrong with you spending $3000 to get him out of debt while he spends $1000 for a party before he even eats.
  • Miss_SophiaMiss_Sophia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You two need to sit down and look at your finances. Something like that, especially since you helped him pay of his credit card debt needs to be discussed. Don't be snatchy about it but talk about it as a couple.

What I don't understand is how your fiance's friend could think it was in good taste to plan such an extravagent bachelor party and expect all the guys to pay their way like that.
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with PPs.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • lizstill13lizstill13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Wow, I'm appalled. $6500 on TWO days!! Yikes.

And yes, you need to sit down with FI and discuss money. Why does he think it's okay to spend so much when he just got out of debt with YOUR help. Is this a new thing? Him spending so much money? Things like this need to be worked out before you walk down the aisle.

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
     You don't just have a b-party problem.  You have a huge FI problem.  I'd suggest some financial and communication counseling before you get married.  One of the top causes of divorce is money issues.  If you don't clear this up, you could very well be headed for some major money issues. 
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards