Pre-wedding Parties

Bridal shower dress clashing with theme-random ponderings

Hello all, I've been pondering over if what I want to wear would look weird at my bridal shower. I found out my MOH was going with a damask with red highlights theme on everything (decor, tables, etc). Only thing is I was planning on wearing a very summery dress (white with blue flowers). Is it odd that I'm not going to really match with the decor of the shower? I've been pondering if I need to find a black dress or such. I'm not sure if I'm being crazy or not, just wanted some opnions on what to wear. Thank you! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket

Re: Bridal shower dress clashing with theme-random ponderings

• SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your dress definitely does not have to match the theme/decor. That was the last thing on my mind when I picked out a dress for my shower. Relax and pick out whatever dress you feel the best in. HTH!
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are so completely overthinking this.  Do you usually try to match your attire to the tablecloths at any given function?

I'm guessing no.  Then why do you have to match it at your shower?   Relax.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • KatshiaKatshia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, That exactly what my fiance said :P Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Wear whatever you like totally agree! My wedding theme is a peacock (colors) and the only reason Im gonna wear a peacock color dress is because its cute and was on super sale for $8buck..lol that works!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards